New Zealand Announces The End Of Traffic Light System From Tonight.
The COVID-19 Protection Framework, aka the traffic light system, will be removed from 11.59pm tonight, Monday 12 September.
Things to Note:
- Masks wearing requirements will be removed except for healthcare facilities.
- Only those who test positive for Covid-19 will be required to isolate for seven days.
- NZ’s vaccine mandates will end in two weeks on 26 September.
- No more vaccination requirements for incoming travellers and air crew.
See for more information here
New Post Study Work Visa Policy For International Students In New Zealand
Under the new immigration policy, the length and visa conditions for post study work visa holders will primarily depend on the qualification they will complete in New Zealand.
For some applicants, the length of their Post Study Work Visa will match the time they have spent studying full-time in New Zealand.
- International Students completing Level 9 and 10 courses will continue to be eligible for three-year Post Study Work Visas.
- Doctoral degree students will be eligible for a Post Study Work Visa once they have submitted their thesis for examination.
- For level 7 and 8, the length of Post Study Work Visas will match the time spent completing qualifications.
- Non-degree level 7 or below students granted a Post Study Work Visa must work in a role directly relating to their completed qualification. People with qualifications at degree level 7 and above, will be able to work in any occupation in New Zealand on a Post Study work visa. Their qualification must be on the list of Qualifications Eligible for a Post Study Work Visa.
Partners of international students
Partners of students will receive an open work visa if their partner is studying:
- for any master’s or doctoral degree; or
- a level 7 or 8 qualification on:
- the Green List or
- the Qualifications Eligible for a Post-Study Work Visa list